Are you upgrading your home with custom shutters?
If you’re searching for the perfect way to add beauty and function to your home, you’ve come to the right place. Plantation shutters can bring distinguished design and character to your Phoenix area home while improving your lifestyle with amazing features and benefits. Arizona Blinds has been a window coverings leader in Arizona for almost 25 years. Our interior shutters offer beauty and long-lasting durability.
Millwork by O’Hair®
Arizona Blinds is offering shutters to your Phoenix area home, as an exclusive manufacturing partner of Millwork by O’Hair® of Lubbock, Texas. O’Hair has been manufacturing shutter components for 77 years. Family owned & operated, the business is currently run by 3rd and 4th generations. This new partnership is very exciting–allowing us to provide the consistent quality and timely delivery of fine wood shutters for years to come. O’Hair Millworks and Arizona Blinds… Together, over 100 years of delivering the finest shutters in Arizona.
Construction & Craftsmanship
Millwork by O’Hair® plantation shutters bring the highest standards of quality products and construction, offering the widest window shutters available in the industry. That is a testament to the thickness and quality of wood, as well as superior construction. The craftsmanship of these wood shutters brings time-honored methods of joinery. Each element of these plantation shutters will exceed your expectations:
- Stainless steel staples used for tilt rod linkage, they simply cannot be pulled out–a problem seen in many of today’s plantation shutters
- Reinforced with a continuous aluminum insert for precision louver sync and strength
- Many competing brands tell homeowners not to adjust the tilt of their shutters with the tilt rod–this is the number one reason for damage with other brands. O’Hair shutters tilt rods are designed and intended to be used for controlling the tilt, providing better louver sync and less light leakage.
- Computer controlled millwork–precise to +/- one five-thousandths of an inch.
- Customized to specifically fit your window opening
- Largest warranted shutter panels available
- Individual panel sizes of up to 50″ x 130″
- Strength due to traditional screw-reinforced mortise-and-tenon joinery–no dowels
- Bookmatched “edge grain, edge glued” for strength and rigidity
- Milled louver tenons–results in a stronger, slimmer louver
- Brass-reinforced adjustment points for setting the tension
- Tension ranges from freely-rotating to ridgedly fixed
- Split-tilt or multi-section designs offer custom adjustments
- Highly resistant to warping and twisting, plus no yellowing, cracking, or peeling
- High strength-to-weight ratio of real wood and unique process help create the strongest wood shutters in the industry
We are proud to partner with a company that offers the highest quality materials. Not only are the shutters made from all wood, with the highest strength and durability–allowing for the widest window shutters in the industry, they are American made with the entire millwork process taking place in West Texas.
- All wood, constructed of white poplar
- Environmentally safe finishes
- Non-allergenic acrylic paints and stains
- Deep luster of both stains and paints–revealing natural variations of wood grain
- The Sandbrushed™ process offers a gentle rippling texture
- Engineered not to warp, crack, or split
- Protected by a transferable lifetime warranty
Easy & Reliable, Unbeatable Warranty
Specializing in custom all wood shutters, Arizona Blinds has earned a reputation for the best quality and service in the Phoenix, Arizona marketplace.
Ordering: Exclusive cloud-based design and ordering system with live previews of the designs (developed in-house), directly connected to our milling system.
Custom Production: Because of the huge variety of options, we keep a limited range of components in stock. The design and ordering system automatically places orders for the milling of needed components.
The Best Warranty in the Business: Transferable life-of-home limited lifetime warranty, covers materials, construction, and function. (Note that as Arizona Blinds does its own finishing, the warranty on finishes is up to Arizona Blinds.) Replacement parts are free. Homeowner pays for labor only.
It’s a Great Partnership!
Recognizing how important it is to have the ideal process in place, Arizona Blinds has teamed up with one of the finest millwork operations in existence. Since 1939, O’Hair has focused exclusively on the millwork functions associated with the production of premium products. We have focused on the customization aspect–measuring, finishing, framing and installing interior shutters with the highest standards. As a result of this partnership, we can offer quality products with a custom process at an affordable price.
Our partnership with Millwork by O’Hair® is also backed by the environmentally responsible process the company follows. Their wood shutters are created with lumber harvested from constantly replenished private forests in a flat design to reduce waste. Their environmentally friendly business continues through their finishes and packaging. Unused portions of their paints and stains are recycled for fuel.